It seems to me that most doctors, even GPs don’t use the tongue depressor much anymore. I may be mistaken, but I don’t recall mine using one in years. Maybe he thought my face was depressing looking enough, and he didn’t want to add to it.

I’m sure you remember the same thing I do about those long strips of wood that feel as if they are ½” thick in your mouth. Yes, the ones which gag you if they get just a little bit too far down your throat. I have the same problem with the dentist when he or she commences to putting that spit-sucking tube in your mouth. Yes, the one that leaves a big hickey on the inside of your cheek. I think that’s the actual name for it, too.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.