“Christians ‘repulsed’ by Trump’s policy,” really? I am supposed to believe that Christians are repulsed by an administration that enforces the laws of the land. I thought he took an oath to make sure laws were enforced.

People still intentionally try to use their hatred of Donald Trump to obfuscate the truth about what is happening at our border with Mexico. Nothing has been done, no new laws, no new Executive Order, nothing! The only thing that is different from when Bill Clinton, George Bush or Barrack Obama were in office is that the laws already on the books that were passed by Congress are now being enforced. Not being ignored as the cowards of previous administrations had done. Hiding under the claim of Christianity to justify ignoring our countries laws is a fool’s errand. There are roughly 12 thousand illegal children being housed of that 12 thousand only around 20% were separated by officials at the border the other 80% were sent by their parents. Sent on a dangerous trip by their own parents that are still in Central or South America. 

Another fact you won’t hear being discussed is that during the previous administration there were around 25,000 children being held by Obama. But we don’t dwell in the past especially if it is the past of a leftist.

James Connealy

Baytown

(3) comments

baytownbert

Sorry Erwin, but the majority of American voters disagree with you:
According to a new Rasmussen poll, a majority of Americans blame illegal immigrant parents for the child crisis on the border over the U.S. government.

The media has put a hyper focus on the separation of families at the border over the last several weeks, leading President Donald Trump to sign an executive order ending the separation. Current U.S. law does not allow families to be detained together if the parents are referred for prosecution for illegal border crossing.

However, the Rasmussen poll shows that Americans don’t blame the Trump administration for the approximately 2,000 children who have been separated from their parents.

54 percent of likely voters polled by Rasmussen said that they think the parents are more to blame for breaking the law.

Only 35 percent said the government is more to blame for the crisis.

Further, 54 percent of voting Americans agree with President Trump’s assertion that “The United States will not be a migrant camp. And it will not be a refugee-holding facility — it won’t be.”

The survey of 1000 likely voters was conducted on June 19-20.

Source: http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/21/rasmussen-parents-to-blame-border-crisis/

baytownbert

James Connealy's remarks are accurate and "trump" yours and the old curmudgeons too.

Gordon

Rasmussen polls are always conservative leaning while the questions asked are skewed to produce a certain response. Not trustworthy or accurate. And the founder of Dailycaller.com is Tucker Carlson from Fox Fake News so I wouldn't bet on any of Bert's horses.

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.