Everyone should be proud of our President who keeps America’s interests first, and works diligently to keep his campaign promises. On Google I typed “President Trump’s accomplishments” and found many long lists. I encourage everyone to do their own searches so they can be informed of the facts. No matter whether you are a Democrat, Republican or Independent, remember that no one knows who you voted for unless you tell them. Here is a short list from one site listing Trump’s accomplishments. I deleted a lot of important items due to newspaper space limitations.
• More Americans now employed than ever in history.
• Unemployment claims are at a 49-year low.
• Median household income highest ever.
• African-American, Hispanic, Asian, and Women unemployment lowest ever.
• Lowest unemployment for Americans without a high school diploma.
• Veterans’ unemployment lowest in 20 years.
• 3.9 million Americans off food stamps.
• Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history.
• Small businesses have the lowest tax rate in more than 80 years.
• Approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
• Record number of government regulations eliminated.
• More affordable healthcare options for Americans.
• Approved more affordable generic drugs than ever. Drug companies freezing or reversing price increases.
• Reformed Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging seniors for drugs.
• $6 billion in new funding to fight opioid epidemic.
• Signed VA Choice Act and expanded VA tele-health services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
• Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
• Cancelled the anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
• Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
• NATO allies spending $69 billion more on defense.
• Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
• Historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA.
• Tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
• Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their abusive trade practices.
• Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion.
• Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
• Building the wall on our southern border for our security and protection.
Just think what all can be accomplished if both side of Congress would work together.
Jerry L. Jones