A 31-year-old man was charged with evading arrest after running from police about 1 a.m. Monday.
Police report that an officer noticed the man, identified as Andrew Jenkins, putting a wine bottle inside his pants at business in the 3900 block of Garth Road and leave the store without paying. When the officer tried to arrest the man, Jenkins led officers on a brief foot pursuit through the neighborhood between being caught and arrested.
Man reported missing
The family of a Baytown man, 56-year-old Robert Guevara, reported him missing Sunday night.
Police said Guevara was last seen Friday. He is 5 feet, 4 inches tall, weighs about 180 pounds and has black hair and a medium complexion. He was last seen wearing a T-shirt, blue jeans and tan boots.
A man called police to the 4700 block of Black Stone Street about noon Sunday to report that his false teeth were missing. He said he suspected his girlfriend either stole or hid the dentures, valued at $500. A police spokesman said officers spoke with the woman and she denied any involvement.
Three tarps valued at $900 were reported stolen about 11 a.m. Saturday from a truck at a truck stop in the 6800 block of Thompson Road while the driver was sleeping in the truck. There was a similar incident at the same location Thursday.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man about 20 years old with a slim building, about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and wearing a black shirt. He left in a small SUV.
• About $1,000 worth of tools were reported stolen from a metal shed in the 500 block of Travis Sunday. The victim reported the burglary happened after posting the tools for sale online.
• About $3,000 worth of property was reported stolen from a business in the 6300 block of Garth Road about 3:40 a.m. Sunday.
• A license plate was reported stolen from the 200 block of Midway Drive Sunday night.
• A tailgate was reported stolen from a Ford F-350 Friday night in the 4900 block of Eastchase Street.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 5500 block of North Main Street Sunday morning.