The Baytown Police Department Narcotics Detectives executed a drug bust in the 900 block of N. Gailliard Street Thursday morning, resulting in three arrests and the seizure of illicit drugs.
According to the Baytown police, narcotics detectives and the Baytown Police SWAT team executed a narcotics warrant to the residence in the 900 block of Gailliard, which was the product of a lengthy investigation into the sale and distribution of narcotics from this particular residence, authorities said.
“During a search of the residence, detectives seized approximately 2 pounds of marijuana, 165 tablets of ecstasy, over 900 tablets of prescription pills, methamphetamine, THC Oil, as well as 8 firearms,” Lt. Steve Dorris, Baytown police spokesman, said.
As a result of the investigation, Dorris said 36-year-old Phillip Arnold of Baytown was arrested and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver — ecstasy. He was also charged for felony passion of a controlled substance with intent to deliver — Soma (prescription pills), according to Baytown police.
Jason Landridge, 43, of Baytown was arrested for felony possession of a controlled substance — methamphetamine, according to authorities.
And Elliott Ridenour, 23, of McAlestor, Oklahoma was also arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana but Baytown police said they are awaiting lab results on the THC oil to determine if additional charges will be filed in this case.
“The Baytown Police Department takes the sale and distribution of narcotics in our community, as well as the negative impact it has on the quality of life for our citizens, very seriously,” Dorris said. “As such we are committed to the pursuit of disrupting and/or dismantling narcotic trafficking operations in our community in an effort to not only rid our community of this poison, but to also ensure all of our citizens can enjoy a great quality of life in their respective neighborhoods and throughout our great city.”
• A theft of a vehicle valued at $1,800 was reported in the 10000 block of Interstate 10 Wednesday night.
• A theft of a silver 2019 Nissan Rogue occurred in the 5100 block of Garth Road Thursday afternoon.
• A theft of a trailer valued at $500 was reported in the 1500 block of E. Texas Avenue Thursday afternoon.
• A theft of a motorcycle valued at $15,000 occurred in the 2100 block of Cedar Bayou Road Thursday night.
• A burglary of a house occurred in the 400 block of E. Pearce Avenue Thursday afternoon. Residents were held at gunpoint while two suspects stolen a cell phone and a box of candy canes.
• A theft was reported in the 1600 block of Highway 146 Saturday afternoon. Various items valued at $3,900 were reported stolen.
Police Beat is compiled from Baytown Police Department reports and officer interviews. Those reports are available on the city website at www.baytown.org.
Baytown’s Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards for information that leads to the arrest and charging of anyone who commits a felony. Callers remain anonymous. Call Baytown Crime Stoppers at 281-427-TIPS.