A 62-year-old Baytown man was charged with indecent assault after employees of a senior living facility in the 900 block of West Baker Road claimed he inappropriately touched a 64-year-old woman who lives at the center and suffers from dementia.
Baytown police spokesman Lt. Steve Dorris said, “The male, identified as 62-year-old Maurice Watts, had reportedly been seen by staff members kissing and inappropriately touching the patient.”
When confronted by staff, Dorris said, Watts went to the lobby and waited for police. He told officers the woman is an old family who he visits from time to time. He denied the allegations made against him.
Watts was charged with misdemeanor indecent assault and released on bond, according to court records.
• About $800 worth of property was reported stolen in the 100 block of Cedar Bayou Lynchburg Road Saturday.
• A gun was reported stolen from a vehicle at N. C. Foote Park in the 2400 block of West Main Street Saturday.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the 1600 block of Garth Road early Saturday morning.
• About $300 worth of property was reported stolen about 6 a.m. Saturday in the 1700 block of James Bowie Drive.
• Cash and gasoline was reported stolen from a gas station in the 7700 block of Interstate 10 about 8:30 p.m. Saturday. The thief was described as a black man driving a tan or gold Buick with Texas paper tag 4840A9.
• A vehicle was reported burglarized in the 1300 block of Memorial Drive early Sunday morning.
• A white Toyota Tacoma with Texas license KYJ869 was reported stolen from the 500 block of East Hunnicutt Avenue Saturday night.