Four individuals were arrested last week after a shooting was reported in the 900 block of Northwood Drive.
According to police, a black SUV and a gray Impala were shooting at each other and were believed to be heading toward the Kings Colony area around 10 p.m. Dec. 12.
“Other officers responded to that area and found the SUV traveling in the area and attempted a traffic stop on the vehicle, which eventually pulled into the driveway of a residence in the 3100 block of Rey Avenue,” Lt. Steve Dorris, Baytown police spokesman said. “One of the subjects from the vehicle fled while officers were attempting to detain the other subjects in the vehicle.”
Dorris said officers also found a 9mm handgun and about 3 grams of suspected crack cocaine when they searched the vehicle.
Officers would ultimately conduct a consent search of the residence the vehicle stopped at, assuming the suspect that fled was inside the residence.
“During that search officers did not find the fleeing suspect but did find narcotics in plain view,” Dorris said. “This resulted in a search warrant being executed on the residence during which officers recovered 11 pounds of marijuana, 43 grams of ecstasy and a large quantity of Promethazine and PCP.”
As a result, R’vian Allen, 17, of Houston was arrested for evading on foot. According to Baytown police, Allen walked up to the scene, acting as if he wasn’t involved and was arrested when officers recognized him as the passenger of the car that fled.
Jemarcus Allen, 23, of Baytown was also arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, according to Baytown police.
Loretta Allen, 46, of Baytown was arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, according to police, while Da’Monae Jackson, 25, of Baytown was also arrested for evading in a vehicle and possession of a controlled substance.
• A theft of a white Chevrolet Suburban valued at $2,500 occurred in the 600 block of Massey Tompkins Road Thursday night.
• A theft or rims valued at $1,000 was reported from a vehicle in the 2800 block of W. Baker Road Thursday.
• A burglary of a vehicle occurred in the 600 block of Little Wood Drive Thursday night. A firearm valued at $600 was reported stolen.
• A theft of a motorcycle valued at $10,000 was reported in the 2100 block of Wright Boulevard Friday night.
• A burglary of a vehicle occurred in the 300 block of W. Baker Road Saturday morning. Various items valued at $500 were reported stolen.
• A theft of a gold 2001 Chevrolet Suburban valued at $4,362 was reported in the 1000 block of Northwood Drive Saturday morning.
• A theft from a vehicle occurred in the 1700 block of Interstate 10 Sunday morning. Vehicle parts valued at $4,00 were reported stolen.
• A burglary of a building was reported in the 3300 block of Garth Road Saturday night. Tools valued at $145 and about $2,000 cash were reported stolen.
• A theft of computer hardware valued at $1,160 occurred in the 6600 block of Garth Road Saturday morning.
• A theft of tools valued at $125 was reported in the 800 block of Aron Avenue Saturday morning.
• A theft of a firearm valued at $250 occurred in the 300 block of Live Oak Avenue Saturday afternoon.
• A theft was reported in the 5900 block of Bayway Drive Saturday morning. Jewelry valued at $1,000 and about $600 in various other items was reported stolen.
• A theft of a black 2018 16’ utility trailer valued at $2,000 occurred in the 5000 block of Ashwood Drive Saturday afternoon.
Police Beat is compiled from Baytown Police Department reports and officer interviews. Those reports are available on the city website at www.baytown.org.
Baytown’s Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards for information that leads to the arrest and charging of anyone who commits a felony. Callers remain anonymous. Call Baytown Crime Stoppers at 281-427-TIPS.