• A call reporting that hostages were held in a Baytown hotel room led to some tense moments about 8:30 a.m. Saturday, but police found no hostages were taken, though a hotel room was hit by gunfire.
Baytown police spokesman Lance Watkins said the call said an active shooter had hostages in the room at the Quality Inn at 5222 Interstate 10. Officers arrived and confronted the shooter, identified as 44-year-old Morgan Maxwell Wright of Mesa Drive in Houston.
Wright dropped his weapon and fled southbound on foot, Watkins said. Officer caught and arrested him.
The hotel room had been shot at several times, but it was unoccupied and no hostages were taken.
Wright was charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm, deadly conduct and evading arrest.
• A 38-year-old Baytown man, John Felicien, is in jail on charges of threat and illegally carrying a weapon after police found him with two guns in his car about 7:15 pm. Friday in the 2500 block of East James Ave.
Watkins said the officer recognized Felicien from previous encounters, and that Felicien had two outstanding warrants.
Watkins said Felicien had recently discharged a firearm in the area and had threatened on social media to shoot a family member.
A man was left with serious but not life-threatening injuries from a stabbing about 2 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Avenue K.
Police were called in reference to a large disturbance with a weapon. When they arrived a witness told officers that a man had been stabbed and was inside the house.
The victim told police he was in an argument with 37-year-old Preston Peterson of Baytown when Peterson pulled out a knife and stabbed him on his back, chest and lower right side.
• About $100 was reported stolen from a business in the 800 block of West Nazro Street early Saturday morning.
• A vehicle was reported burglarized in the 2200 block of Charlotte Drive about 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Electronics and other items valued at nearly $1,000 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 5200 block of East Road about 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Property worth about $400 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 7200 block of Eastpoint Boulevard Monday morning.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 6200 block of Decker Drive about 5:45 p.m. Saturday.