When Baytown police conducted a traffic stop in the 8100 block of N. Highway 146, it ultimately revealed the occupants had guns, drugs and a lot of cash, according to authorities.
Once Baytown police stopped the vehicle Saturday night the officer observed three males, later identified as Larry Cook, Nickoe Whitley and Tyrone Samuel, were moving around, police said.
“The driver rolled down his window and a strong odor of marijuana emitted from the vehicle,” Det. Lance Watkins, Baytown police spokesman, said. “The driver told the officer that he had a firearm in the vehicle. The officer requested K9 and additional units to the scene.”
Watkins said a check of the vehicle revealed three semi-automatic firearms, $8,015 in cash, several Ziploc bags of ecstasy pills and 13.5 grams of marijuana.
All three were then charged with unlawful carry of a weapon and delivery of a controlled substance.
Baytown police received a missing person report for Jonathan Parker, 24, Saturday night.
According to Baytown police, the store manager of Pizza Hut on Garth Road had not seen her employee since 5 p.m. the same day, and several calls to his cell phone went unanswered.
Det. Lance Watkins added that a check of his residence yielded no results.
Parker is described as a white male, about 6-feet tall, skinny build, black hair, brown eyes and wears glasses.
He was last seen wearing a Pizza Hut uniform and drives a black, four-door Nissan Altima.
Anyone who has information on this or any other crime is asked to call the Baytown Police Department at 281-422-8371. You can also contact Crime Stoppers at 281-427-TIPS or submit anonymous tips online at the Baytown Police Department website www.baytown.org.
• A theft of a vehicle valued at $30,000 occurred in the 800 block of Aron Avenue Friday afternoon.
• A theft of a white 2005 Chevrolet Silverado valued at $7,000 was reported in the 7200 block of Eastpoint Boulevard Friday night.
• A theft of vehicle parts valued at $60 occurred in the 2300 block of Belevedere Drive Thursday night.
• A theft of a boat valued at $22,000 was reported in the 4700 block of N. Highway 146 Saturday afternoon.
• A burglary of a house was reported in the 900 block of Northwood Drive Sunday morning. A 60 inch Samsung TV, a DVD player and an iPad all valued at $3,530 were reported stolen.
• A theft of jewelry valued at $500 occurred in the 700 block of Elmwood Drive Monday morning.
• A theft of a bicycle valued at $150 was reported in the 800 block of Brentwood Drive Thursday afternoon.
• A theft occurred in the 700 block of N. Alexander Drive Friday night. Items valued at $160 were reported stolen.
• A theft of a laptop valued at $200 was reported in the 100 block of Long Drive Friday afternoon.
• A theft of clothes valued at $64 occurred in the 4500 block of Baron Road Friday night.
• A theft of two iPhones valued at $2,000 was reported in the 4800 block of Garth Road Sunday afternoon.
• A theft of clothes valued at $1,249 occurred in the 5000 block of San Jacinto Mall Place Sunday afternoon.
• A theft was reported in the 6400 block of Garth Road Saturday afternoon. Various items valued at $2,944 were reported stolen.
Police Beat is compiled from Baytown Police Department reports and officer interviews. Those reports are available on the city website at www.baytown.org.
Baytown’s Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards for information that leads to the arrest and charging of anyone who commits a felony. Callers remain anonymous. Call Baytown Crime Stoppers at 281-427-TIPS.