Baytown police are looking for two men that stole $1,600 worth of the merchandise from Macy’s Tuesday night. According to police, the two men entered the store and within minutes of being in the men’s department they grabbed several items of clothing and fled the store. The value of the items, which consisted mainly of men’s athletic shorts and T-shirts, was about $1,600.
Anyone who has information on this crime is asked to call Baytown Police at 281-422-8371. You can also contact Crime Stoppers at 281-427-TIPS, submit anonymous tips online at www.baytown.org, or text keyword BAYTOWN plus your tip to 274637 (CRIMES).
• A burglary of a vehicle occurred in the 3400 block of Pecan Grove Drive Monday night. Tools valued at $275 and about $700 cash were reported stolen.
• A theft of a white 2014 Dodge Charger valued at $20,000 was reported in the 4600 block of Village Lane Monday night.
• A burglary of a vehicle was reported in the 4500 block of Garth Road Tuesday. Items valued at $130 were reported stolen.
• A theft of a vehicle valued at $8,000 was reported in the 3300 block of Rollingbrook Drive Tuesday afternoon. A firearm valued at $600 and $1,200 cash was also reported stolen.
• A theft of a blue 2008 Chevrolet truck was reported in the 5400 block of Hazel Street Wednesday night.
• A burglary of a building was reported in the 1100 block of W. Lobit Avenue Tuesday morning. Tools valued at $180 were reported stolen.
Police Beat is compiled from Baytown Police Department reports and officer interviews. Those reports are available at www.baytown.org.