A gun was pulled on a woman right outside of her residence in the 100 block of Forrest Avenue Saturday night.
A car with two women and a man were parked outside the victim’s residence around 7 p.m. when she went outside to tell them to leave. According to Baytown police, a man approached the woman and pointed a handgun at her, telling her to go back inside. The three suspects then fled the area in a tan Pontiac passenger car.
TV robbery fail
A Baytown man attempted to steal two televisions Sunday afternoon but was apprehended by Wal-Mart employees and customers, according to the Baytown Police Department.
Baytown police said 21-year-old Cory Simpson attempted to steal 32-inch and 43-inch televisions, worth a total of $276.
“As he passed all points of sale he was contacted by store employees at which time he struck one employee with the basket he was using and then ultimately struck another employee in the face with his fist,” Lt. Steve Dorris said. “The employees, with the assistance of customers, were able to detain Mr. Simpson until officers arrived and were able to take him into custody.”
Simpson was then transported to the Baytown Jail and was charged with robbery.
• A theft of vehicle parts valued at $300 occurred in the 300 block of S. Alexander Drive Wednesday morning.
• A theft of a travel trailer valued at $20,000 was reported in the 600 block of S. Burnett Drive Thursday afternoon.
• A theft of a black Chevrolet truck valued at $2,500 occurred in the 4900 block of Garth Road Sunday.
• A burglary of a building was reported in the 400 block of N. Alexander Drive Friday afternoon. Tools valued at $400 were reported stolen.
• A burglary of a building occurred in the 3300 block of Wisconsin Street Wednesday afternoon. Tools valued at $445 were reported stolen.
• A burglary of a house was reported in the 3500 block of N. Alexander Drive Sunday night. A purse valued at $800 and jewelry valued at $2,200 was reported stolen.
• A theft from a person occurred in the 2900 block of W. Baker Road Sunday night. Electronics valued at $950 were reported stolen.
• A theft was reported in the 1300 block of N. Alexander Drive Friday afternoon. A purse valued at $30 was reported stolen.
• A theft of an iPad valued at $800 occurred in the 4000 block of Interstate 10 Friday night.
• A theft of a boat and trailer valued at $17,000 was reported in the 100 block of N. Gulls Street Friday afternoon.
• A theft occurred in the 1700 block of N. Alexander Drive Sunday night. Consumable goods valued at $300 and other various items valued at $160 were reported stolen.
Police Beat is compiled from Baytown Police Department reports and officer interviews. Those reports are available on the city website at www.baytown.org.
Baytown’s Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards for information that leads to the arrest and charging of anyone who commits a felony. Callers remain anonymous. Call Baytown Crime Stoppers at 281-427-TIPS.