You can run…
A 25-year-old Baytown man identified as Jonathan Gallo is facing charges of evading in a vehicle and unauthorized use of a vehicle after leading police on a pursuit about 6 p.m. Saturday.
Baytown police spokesman Lt. Steve Dorris said police were called in reference to a stolen vehicle that was being followed by its owner. When officers caught up with it near the intersection of Garth and Harold, the driver accelerated and fled.
When the vehicle turned on to Highway 146, the driver slowed and let a passenger get out—a woman who exited the car with her hands up. He then accelerated and continued the chase.
The driver ran several stop signs, Dorris said, before finally slowing and exiting in the area of Kentucky Street. However, he left the vehicle in gear and it rolled into a chain link fence at a residence in the 2000 block of New Jersey.
A male passenger in the car, identified as 21-year-old Sean Harlin of Baytown, was booked for not wearing a seatbelt.
A 24-year-old Baytown man was reported missing by his family Saturday after he left to travel to Killeen to visit his girlfriend. His family has not been able to contact him since he left.
The man, Joseph Smith, is identified as a white man, 5 feet, 9 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a white shirt, blue jeans and black Vans tennis shoes.
• Tools valued at $400 were reported stolen from a residence in the 3100 block of Michigan Street Saturday.
• Tools valued at $1,250 were reported stolen from a residence in the 3100 block of Indiana Street Saturday.
• An attempted vehicle burglary was reported in the 200 block of Morrell Avenue about 2 a.m. Sunday.
• Several unlocked vehicles were reported burglarized in the 10 block of Wilburn Drive Saturday night.
• A vehicle was reported burglarized in the 2000 block of Terrace Lane early Sunday morning.
• A dark green 1995 Ford-F150 extended cab pickup was reported stolen in the 800 block of Schillling Avenue Saturday night.
• A white 2003 GCM Sierra with Texas license KK-0842 was reported stolen from the 2700 block of Ward Road Friday night.
• A maroon 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 with Texas license 18LZ9 was reported stolen in the 1300 block of Sherwood Drive Saturday morning.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the 630 block of Garth Road about 5:45 p.m. Saturday.
• A wallet was reported stolen in the 3900 block of Garth Road about noon Saturday.
• Property valued at about $500 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 6400 block of Garth Road about 5 p.m. Sunday