Baytown police were led on a chase by a 26-year-old woman who later stripped down naked, leading police on a short chase on foot Saturday afternoon.
According to Baytown police, an officer conducted a welfare check of a car parked horizontally on S. Highway 146 and Massey Tompkins. When the officer checked on the vehicle, Milton entered the vehicle and drove away at a rapid speed.
Det. Lance Watkins, Baytown police spokesman, said the officer subsequently activated his overhead lights and siren to no avail in pursuit of Milton.
“The driver tossed her clothing out of the driver’s side window and failed to stop at several red lights,” Watkins said. “The pursuit finally ended near N. SH-146 and Needlepoint Road.”
Authorities said Milton exited the vehicle without any clothing and ran into a nearby open field and fell to the ground. Officers then gave Milton several commands to stay on the ground, which she did temporarily but then got up again.
After additional officers arrived on the scene, they were able to take Milton into custody without further incident.
Milton, who has a parole violation out of Austin for assault on a peace officer, is being charged with evading in a vehicle.
Slaying under investigation
The Harris County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating the death of 57-year-old John Fulton, whose body was found at the 900 block of N. Battlebell on Nov. 20.
According to authorities, Fulton was found with an apparent gunshot wound. Authorities also determined Fulton was involved in an altercation with unknown suspect(s) but the sheriff’s office has no leads as to who was involved.
“There has been no clear motive established yet,” Jason Spencer, Harris County Sheriff’s spokesman said. “The preliminary evidence so far indicates that robbery may have been the motive.”
• A theft of a vehicle valued at $16,000 was reported in the 5100 block of Garth Road Tuesday morning.
• A theft of a vehicle valued at $18,000 occurred in the 3100 block of Decker Drive Friday night.
• A theft of a white 1997 Chevrolet Express G1500 van was reported in the 4500 block of Garth Road Saturday morning.
• A burglary of vehicle occurred in the 1500 block of Ward Road Friday night. A firearm valued at $500 was reported stolen.
• A burglary of a vehicle was reported in the 2700 block of Virginia Street Saturday morning. Vehicle parts valued at $300 were reported stolen.
• A burglary of a building occurred in the 3100 block of Illinois Street Friday afternoon. Electronics valued at $300 were reported stolen.
• A theft of electronics valued at $400 was reported in the 4900 block of Garth Road Friday.
• A theft occurred in the 4800 block of Garth Road Friday night. Various items valued at $1,650 were reported stolen.
• A theft of a cell phone valued at $400 was reported in the 500 block of Baker Road Sunday.