A customer who didn’t like standing in line at Lowe’s verbally assaulted a customer who was checking out and displayed a handgun during the altercation.
A little before 4 p.m. Sunday, the two got into a verbal dispute over how long it was taking a customer to check out, according to Baytown police spokesman Lt. Steve Dorris.
“During that verbal exchange, the suspect apparently directed several expletive-laden remark to the complainant, one of which indicated to the complainant that he did not know who he was dealing with as he pulled up his shirt, displaying a handgun in his waistband.”
When police contacted the customer, identified as 60-year-old Joey Alford of Baytown, at his home, Dorris said, Alford was uncooperative. He was arrested for making a terroristic threat.
A 23-year-old Baytown man was arrested about 2:30 a.m. Saturday after he reportedly assaulted his girlfriend during an altercation at an apartment in the 1300 block of Beaumont Street.
The woman told police that after the argument started, it became physical and the man pushed her to the ground, kicked her and choked her. Police said she had visible bruises.
Juan Martinez was charged with felony assault-family violence, police said.
Threatening graffiti was left on the restroom wall of a business in the 4500 block of Garth Road about 5 p.m. Saturday.
A man reported that his ex-girlfriend slashed his tires in the 1200 block of Missouri Street about 3 a.m. Monday.
• A black 2001 Chevrolet Silverado was reported stolen from a driveway in the 600 block of Little Wood Drive about 10 a.m. Saturday.
• A black 2014 four-door Toyota Tundra with Texas license HSG313 was reported stolen from near the intersection of Oak Street and Riggs Street Sunday. The truck has a 3-inch lift and “JDC” in 12-inch letters on the back window.
• Three tarps were reported stolen from a truck at a hotel in the 1900 block of Interstate 10 Friday night.
• A notebook computer was reported stolen from a residence in the 1200 block of Coyote Lane over the weekend.
• An orange Husqvarna lawnmower was reported stolen in the 300 block of Midway Drive Saturday.