Baytown police are looking for Lamar Mitchell, 33, who is wanted on charges of attempted kidnapping.
On Sunday night, officers responded to an assault at an apartment in the 100 block of Arbor Street where the victim alleged that Mitchell had grabbed him and attempted to drag him into his vehicle while making threats, police said.
“The complainant was ultimately able to break free from Mitchell and escape,” Lt. Steve Dorris, Baytown police spokesman, said. “Charges of attempted kidnapping have been accepted by the Harris County District Attorney’s Office on Mitchell however he is still at large.”
If anyone knows his whereabouts, they are asked to contact the Baytown Police at 281-422-8371.
Two men were arrested Sunday night after they got into an altercation with another man that resulted in a stabbing.
Delfino Mata, 59, got into an altercation with another man at Dirty D’s Tavern around 9 p.m. Sunday.
“During that altercation, Mata allegedly stabbed the complainant in the abdomen several times,” Lt. Steve Dorris, Baytown police spokesman, said. “Also during the incident, one of Mata’s friends, 44-year-old Carlos Resendez of Baytown, broke a window out of vehicle in the parking lot, before both subjects left the bar.”
Officers later located the two at a residence on Savell Street where both men were taken into custody and transported to the Baytown Jail.
Mata was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and Resendez was charged with criminal mischief.
• A burglary of a vehicle was reported in the 2800 block of W. Baker Road Friday. A wallet valued at $60 and about $200 cash was reported stolen.
• A burglary of a vehicle occurred in the 2100 W. Baker Road Friday morning. A wallet and $1,000 were reported stolen.
• A theft of a 2011 Toyota Tundra valued at $25,000 was reported stolen in the 7700 block of Bayway Drive Friday.
• A theft of a vehicle valued at $18,000 occurred in the 1300 block of Town Circle Saturday.
• A tan 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe valued at $4,500 was reported stolen in the 6900 block of Garth.
• A burglary of a building occurred in the 4600 bock of Garth Road Saturday. Electronics valued at $100 and about $6,000 cash were reported stolen.
• A theft was reported in the 2900 block of N. Alexander Drive Wednesday. Clothes valued at $90 were reported stolen.
• A theft of clothes valued at $100 occurred in the 6400 block of Garth Road Saturday afternoon.
• A theft of electronics valued at $600 was reported in the 4800 block of Gulfway Saturday.
• A theft occurred in the 5800 block of Garth Road Friday night. A wallet valued at $30 and about $700 was reported stolen.
• A theft was reported in the 900 block of Northwood Drive Sunday morning. Farm equipment valued at $11,460 and a trailer valued at $4,500 were reported stolen.
• A theft of two AC units valued at $1,000 each occurred in the 100 block of Mt. Olive Lane Saturday night.
• A theft was reported in the 500 block of South Road Saturday afternoon. Household goods valued at $30 and $40 worth of vehicle accessories were reported stolen.
• A theft of about $850 cash occurred in the 4900 block of Garth Road Sunday night.
Police Beat is compiled from Baytown Police Department reports and officer interviews. Those reports are available on the city website at www.baytown.org.
Baytown’s Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards for information that leads to the arrest and charging of anyone who commits a felony. Callers remain anonymous. Call Baytown Crime Stoppers at 281-427-TIPS.