Punching the wrong person
Police were called to the 7500 block of Garth Road about 5:40 p.m. Wednesday with a report that a woman had entered a business several times attempting to take merchandise. When a store employee confronted her, she reportedly became aggressive and made threats before leaving.
Officers searching for the woman found her passed out on a bench in front of the nearby Holiday Inn. Police spokesman Lt. Steve Dorris said that when police contacted her, she became belligerent and showed signs of intoxication. The woman, identified as 36-year-old Jennifer Posey of Beaumont, was then arrested for public intoxication.
While she was being booked into the Baytown Jail, Dorris said, Posey punched a detention officer in the face and had to be subdued by jail staff. The officer suffered minor swelling on the side of her face but did not require medical attention, he said.
Posey was then charged with assault on a public servant.
Two men armed with handguns robbed a convenience store in the 3000 block of West Baker Road about 9:45 p.m. July 4, getting away with money from the store and also robbing a customer.
Dorris said witnesses described the two men as Hispanic, one short and one about 5 feet, 11 inches tall and heavy set. Both wore ski masks and long-sleeved shirts.
The shorter one pointed a gun at an employee and demanded she open the safe while the taller one got money from the cash register.
As they left, they approached a customer in the parking lot and took money from her as well.
The men ran toward the Sterling Bay Apartments where they got into a silver passenger car and fled west on Baker Road.
A lot of dough
A doughnut shop in the 1900 block of North Alexander Drive reported to police Wednesday that a former employee had forged a company check in the amount of $1,200.
• Two vehicles were reported stolen in the 800 block of West Nazro Street early Thursday morning when someone broke into a building and stole the keys. Both were recovered later in the day.
• A building was reported burglarized in the 2700 block of Ward Road Thursday.
• Electronics were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1300 block of Town Circle Thursday night.
• Money was reported stolen from a business in the 4500 block of Garth Road early Saturday morning.
• A vehicle reported stolen in Houston was recovered in the 1700 block of Country Club Cove Drive about 4:20 p.m. Thursday.
• A 2018 Dodge Charger was reported stolen from the 4500 block of Regal Drive Thursday.
• A cargo container with construction tools and equipment was reported stolen from the 7600 block of Bayway Drive over the holiday.
• More than $100 worth of property was reported stolen in the 3500 block of Kingsway Drive Friday.
• Tools were reported stolen in the 2200 block of West Baker Road Friday.