These shoes are made for robbing
Three women found their shoplifting expedition to Famous Footwear in the 4600 block of Garth Road upgraded to robbery after one of the suspects shoved a store employee into a door, police said.
Baytown police spokesman Lt. Steve Dorris said the three women were looking at shoes about 8:20 p.m. Wednesday when they grabbed several boxes of shoes and left the store, shoving an employee who tried to stop them.
Based on a description of the vehicle they fled in, officers were able to stop the women on Interstate 10.
In addition to the merchandise from Famous Footwear, the trio also had stolen merchandise from Marshall’s and Academy, Dorris said.
The three were identified as Baytown resident Kenndraneka Williams, 27, and Houston residents Keaosha Brown, 21, and Erica Clark, 21.
A man was injured when he was removing items from his vehicle on Charles Place and his revolver fell out onto the ground and discharged, hitting him in the lower leg.
Police were notified when he went to the hospital. They confirmed the report of the shooting as accidental.
A woman returned several items to Target on Garth Road about 4 p.m. Wednesday for cash that the store later determined had been obtained by fraud from the Pasadena location.
• A gun was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 10 block of West Cedar Bayou Lynchburg Road.
• Two Beach Cruiser bicycles were reported stolen from the 3100 block of Iowa Street Wednesday morning.
• A vehicle was reported burglarized in the 10200 block of Interstate 10 Wednesday.
• Electronics were reported stolen from a storage facility in the 4500 block of Decker Drive about 3:45 a.m. Wednesday.
• A purse was reported stolen from a car in the 700 block of Schilling Avenue about 5 p.m. Wednesday. A credit card from the purse was used at a business on Garth Road shortly after.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the 2700 block of North Main Street.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the 600 block of Alford Avenue.
• An attempted vehicle theft was reported in the 5500 block of North Main Street Wednesday.
• A gun was reported stolen in the 4600 block of Village Lane Wednesday.