Goose Creek Memorial High School and Bañuelos and Walker elementary schools were locked down for about 10 minutes Thursday morning after Baytown police notified the police they were searching for someone in the neighborhood.
The situation was resolved with no impact on the schools.
Baytown police spokesman Lt. Steve Dorris said the report on the incident was not yet complete so he did not provide details of the search.
Police are seeking a 30-year-old man whose name they have not released after being unable to locate him in a search about 12:30 a.m. Thursday.
A patrol officer saw the man walking near a construction site in the 1700 block of Hunt Road that has been the site of recent copper thefts. The officer stopped the man and found he had a glass pipe commonly used for smoking methamphetamine in his backpack along with syringes.
He dropped something, which police recovered and determined to be a syringe containing what they think to be methamphetamine.
Possession charges are pending.
A woman shoplifting from Macy’s about 7 p.m. Wednesday shoved a store employee who confronted her about the theft, upgrading the potential charge from theft to robbery.
Police said the woman entered the store with a large empty bag and placed more than $450 worth of clothing in the bag. When confronted, she shoved a loss prevention officer then fled in a silver Chevrolet Camaro.
The suspect is described as a black woman, about 30 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing 200 pounds, with short burgundy hair. She was wearing a white shirt and black pants.
• A gold necklace and a silver ring were reported stolen from a residence in the 3700 block of Garth Road Wednesday.
• About $300 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 5500 block of West Baker Road Wednesday.
• A white 2005 Ford F-150 was reported stolen in the 4300 block of Decker Drive about 4:30 a.m. Thursday.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the 600 block of 4th Street about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• A black 2018 Suzuki GSX motorcycle with Texas license 1794F was reported stolen in the 3700 block of Garth Road Tuesday night.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 1600 block of James Bowie Drive about 10:25 a.m. Wednesday.
• Computer equipment was reported stolen at a hotel in the 1900 block of Interstate 10 Wednesday.
• A firearm was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Northwood Drive Wednesday.
• A 29-inch blue Schwinn Sidewinder Mountain bike was reported stolen in the 300 block of West Baker Road Wednesday.