Toy gun. Real dog.
A police dog subdued a Baytown man so police officers could arrest him about 7:45 a.m. Tuesday after he fled from police then struggled with them when caught.
Baytown police spokesman Lt. Steve Dorris said officers were called to the 200 block of Alva Avenue when someone reported a disturbance involving a gun.
Once the man was subdued, police found he was only in possession of a toy gun. The man, 35-year-old Jeffery Craft, charged with evading arrest.
Harris County Clerk records show Craft was serving probation after being convicted of assaulting a Baytown police officer in 2018. He also had convictions for evading arrest in Baytown in 2016 and 2017.
• Burglars got away with about $30 after breaking out a window at St. John’s United Methodist Church in the 500 block of South Alexander Drive Monday night.
• Tools and other items were reported stolen from a vacant house in the 100 block of East Jack Avenue Monday afternoon. The burglar was described as a white woman riding a bicycle.
• A burglary was reported Tuesday at an apartment in the 800 block of Northwood Drive.
• A home was reported burglarized in the 200 block of West Main Street Tuesday.
• A gold 1997 Ford Ranger was reported stolen in the 100 block of North Main Street about 4:25 p.m. Tuesday.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from the 7000 block of Interstate 10 on Tuesday.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 3100 block of Specklebelly Drive about 3 a.m. Wednesday.