A 25-year-old Baytown man was charged with unlawful restraint and family violence after he reportedly kicked open the door of the apartment where his girlfriend lived and, when she tried to flee, carried her back into the apartment and refused to let her leave.
Baytown police spokesman Lt. Steve Dorris said that the woman was finally able to get an opportunity to leave the apartment and she drove to the police station and flagged down officers there.
While the man, who police identified as Rene Cisneros of the 600 block of Rollingbrook Drive, denied the assault took place. Dorris said police were able to corroborate the woman’s account and the District Attorney’s Office accepted charges. Cisneros was then arrested.
• A storage facility was reported burglarized in the 4500 block of Decker Drive Thursday morning.
• Electronics and other item were reported stolen from a bar in the 500 block of North Commerce Street Wednesday night.
• A bank card was reported stolen from a residence in the 10 block of Morrell Avenue Thursday afternoon.
• Jewelry and electronics were reported stolen from a residence in the 3700 block of Garth Road Thursday.
• A vehicle was reported burglarized in the 100 block of South Alexander Drive Thursday.
• Electronics were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1400 block of North Main Street Friday morning.
• About $3,500 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 3400 block of McKinney Road about 5:30 p.m. Friday.
• A firearm and electronics were reported stolen in the 900 block of Northwood Drive Saturday.
• Unauthorized use of a vehicle was reported in the 200 block of Avenue L about 7:45 a.m. Thursday.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 4600 block of Quail Hollow Drive about 2:50 a.m. Friday.
• Clothing was reported stolen from the 5200 block of Willowview Drive Friday afternoon.
• Clothing was reported stolen in the 900 block of Rollingbrook Drive Friday afternoon.
• More than $1,000 was reported stolen in the 3900 block of Trailwood Drive Friday afternoon.
• Property worth about $80 was reported stolen in the 500 block of Stimson Street Friday afternoon.