A man reported that shortly after noon Monday three men approached him outside his apartment in the 900 block of Northwood Drive and asked him where they could buy marijuana. He told them he did not know.
Sometime later he was inside his apartment and someone knocked on his door and said he car was being towed. When he opened the door, it was the same three men and one pointed a gun at him and tried to enter, but he slammed the door on the man’s arm.
The would-be home-invader pulled his arm out of the door and the three fled in an older blue SUV.
The man described all three as black men 18-25 years old and about 5 feet 10 inches tall.
One was wearing a black T-shirt and black jogging pants and a black beanie-style cap.
One was wearing a white muscle shirt and white shorts with a low-top fade.
He did not have any further description for the third man.
• A firearm was reported stolen from a residence in the 2000 block of Ward Road Monday night.
• A business in the 2100 block of North Main Street reported Monday that an ex-employee had stolen money out of the register.
• A stolen U-Haul trailer was recovered near the intersection of Interstate 10 and Monmouth about 11 a.m. Monday.
• A woman reported her Lone Star card and her debit card stolen in the 300 block of Massey Tompkins Road early Monday afternoon.
• A woman reported a package delivered to her apartment complex office in the 1200 block of Northwood Drive was stolen Monday afternoon.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 800 block of West Texas Avenue about 3:30 p.m. Monday.
• A business in the 3900 block of Garth Road reported that nearly $2,000 had apparently been stolen through fraud.