Ashbel Smith Elementary receives a check for $500 from Goose Creek CISD administrators for improving 1.26 percent from last year’s first six weeks attendance. The school showed the greatest improvement across all elementary campuses, increasing from 96.04 percent to 97.30 percent attendance. Pictured are (back, from left) Dr. Melissa Duarte, deputy superintendent for curriculum and instruction; Becky Robins, director of curriculum and instruction; Margie Grimes, chief financial officer; Dr. Anthony Price, deputy superintendent for administrative services; Matt Flood, chief technology officer; Kay Cruz, Ashbel Smith Elementary principal; (front, from left) fifth-graders Elijah Castro, Erick Samuel, Valeria Contreras and Caden Bludworth.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
Tuned In TV
Chambers County Weekly
- To view our latest issue click the image on the left.
Sun Weekly Survey
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Popular BaytownSun Stories
- Crystal Marie Deason
- ‘Walk for Freedom’ steps off Saturday from Baytown church
- Johnnie Darrow Enderli
- Momentum builds for local ‘Big T’ effort
- Steffani Stephenson Box
- William A Blevins
- Community Resource Credit Union Grand Opening
- Kenneth (Kenny) Wayne Dykes Sr.
- Baytown church celebrates centennial of local service
- Miss Highlands, Jr. Miss Highlands crowned