The owner of a business in the 100 block of South Alexander Drive reported Tuesday morning that his business had been broken into by someone who smashed in the front door. Power tools and a box truck were stolen, he reported.
The truck was equipped with GPS, which led police to the 700 block of Turner Street, where they found the truck with a man sleeping in the cargo area.
Baytown police spokesman Lt. Steve Dorris said the man was identified as 43-year-old Frank Abraham III of Baytown, in spite of first giving police a different name.
Abraham was charged with failure to identify and criminal trespass in a motor vehicle, Dorris said.
The owner of a business in the 1100 block of South Business 146 called police Tuesday morning to report that a tractor had been stolen--but there was a Caterpillar 420E Backhoe on his property that didn’t belong there.
Police found that the backhoe was stolen from a job site across the road and used to damage the fence around the property with the tractor.
Then, about 10:45 p.m. Tuesday, a white 3/4-ton pickup pulling a large goose neck trailer entered the property through the damaged fence and left about an hour later with a 2017 Kubota Model L6060HSTC tractor with a Land Pride RC2512-2 12-foot cutter mowing attachment.
The backhoe was returned to its owner and detectives are investigating the theft of the tractor.
• Police responded to East Jack Street Tuesday morning to a report of an aggravated assault
A man being treated by EMS told police that about 6 a.m. he was behind the Food Town at Garth Road and Decker Drive when he was jumped by four or five unidentified men. He was taken to a hospital.
• When officers responded to a fight in the 10000 block of Kaitlyn Lane about 10 a.m. Tuesday, a man told them he had arrived at a friend’s house when another acquaintance arrived. The two got into an altercation about money the victim owed another person for a guitar.
The confrontation turned violent and the acquaintance assaulted the victim with a baseball bat, police reported. The victim refused medical treatment and refused to press charges.
• Electronics were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 5000 block of Sandalwood Circle early Tuesday morning.
• Property worth $1,865 was reported stolen from an individual at a business in the 6300 block of Garth Road about 8:45 a.m. Tuesday.
• Property worth $340 was reported stolen from a residence in the 6700 block of Haider Avenue Tuesday.
• A phone and wallet were reported stolen from the 6800 block of Thompson Road and the credit cards were used at several businesses along Garth Road. The phone and wallet were recovered, but not the contents of the wallet.
• A stolen vehicle and stolen license plate were recovered in the 2800 block of Massey Tomkins Road about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.