Gadiel Chavez, a third-grader at Travis Elementary, shows off his Astros spirit to Robert E. Lee High School baseball player Izayah Hernandez. On Monday, the Tampa Bay Rays defeated the Houston Astros, 10-3, and cut their AL Division Series deficit to 2-1. Astros manager AJ Hinch announced after the game that Houston will start Justin Verlander on three days of rest in Game 4 of the best-of-five matchup at Tropicana Field today. Tampa Bay will use Diego Castillo as an opener. "He's one of the best pitchers in the world. No more complicated than that," Hinch said of Verlander. "He's ready, and it's his game."
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
Tuned In TV
Chambers County Weekly
- To view our latest issue click the image on the left.
Sun Weekly Survey
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
- Researchers find second warship from WWII Battle of Midway
- Ottawa takes on Dallas on 3-game slide
- ICYMI in NFL Week 7: Lions fans call out officiating circus
- Los Viejos — The Old Guys — help Nationals make World Series
- AP Top 25 Reality Check: Clemson slides to 4, but why now?
- NWS confirms a tornado touched down in Dallas
- The Latest: Nearly 112K without power after Dallas tornado
- Brooks & Dunn, Ray Stevens join Country Music Hall of Fame
Popular BaytownSun Stories
- Crystal Marie Deason
- ‘Walk for Freedom’ steps off Saturday from Baytown church
- Johnnie Darrow Enderli
- Steffani Stephenson Box
- Momentum builds for local ‘Big T’ effort
- William A Blevins
- Community Resource Credit Union Grand Opening
- Miss Highlands, Jr. Miss Highlands crowned
- GCM crowns Homecoming royalty
- Marty Ball